Prior to moving to Guatemala, Pat had worked with children and adults with mild through severe disabilities, including autism, in both public schools and private institutions. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Special Education from the University of Illinois, and a Masters Degree in Special Education from Creighton University.
Pat's previous mission experience included living and teaching for two years in the early ‘70’s among the Lakota people on the Rosebud Reservation. Before deciding to serve full-time on the mission field, Pat had made multiple short term mission trips to Latin America, including Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and Guatemala.
Working in conjunction with a number of other ministries, Pat is attempting to improve the quality of life of individuals with disabilities who are among the most marginalized people in Guatemala. Ministries she partners with are:
- Centro Educativo de Nueva Vida, Santa Maria de Jesus, Guatemala
- Ministerios de Esperanza, San Antonio, Aguas Calientes, Guatemala
- Hope Haven International, Santo Domingo Xenaco, Guatemala
- C.R.O.S.S. Ministries, Osceola, Iowa, USA
- G.O.T. Ministries, Kansas City, Missouri, USA