Camperos, August 6, 2011

IMG_1409

Today I had planned on meeting a couple of people from church and taking some of the kids to Camperos.  They couldn’t come at the last minute, and since I had already signed out three kids (no small feat on a Saturday!), I didn’t want to disappoint them.  I went scouting around the orphanage looking for help, and was lucky enough to find some of the Fulp kids in playing with the older boys.  They agreed to come with us.

What had been planned to be just a routine outing for lunch ended up being anything but routine, thanks to the Fulps!  For one thing, it was the easiest lunch outing I’ve ever been on, since Taryn, Brittney, Karissa, and Jay are as skilled with the kids as any adult I’ve seen. 

But more than their skill, today I appreciated their youth, energy and enthusiasm.  The reminded me of how much fun the kids can be when we (adults) don’t take ourselves too seriously.  They are amazing with the kids, and for the kids, and it was good for my soul to spend the day with them!  The pictures say it all!

IMG_1404

Brittney and Taryn with Julio

IMG_1425

Jay and Karissa helping Delmi take a “dip” in the fountain

IMG_1422

Brittney, Karissa, Teisha (who joined us in the park) and Taryn “sitting” on Julio’s lap

IMG_1429

Brittney and Teisha helping Julio and Elmer “dance” in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment