Time with My Family

Folks often say they would like to know a bit about how my family is doing with me working so far away, so I thought I’d give a snapshot of my time with them in  Omaha the beginning of this month.

I arrived in Omaha just in time to get to take Zachary (now 6 yrs. old and in first grade) and Nathan to the Family Fest hosted by my home church.  My brother had flown in from Chicago for the weekend, so we really had a family reunion while we enjoyed the beautiful fall weather and the autumn atmosphere.

DSC04642
DSC04649
















If you know my kids, you know that Husker football is a huge part of the life for the Forster family in the fall.  All of us, except Jon who is still a Marine in California, could get together to watch the games.  I’m not too into watching football, but I loved watching my kids and grandkids watch the games.


DSC04690


(What the kids are doing now: Jeremy managing transportation and warehouses; Lin is a full-time mom for this season of her life; Mikayla is a personal banker for SAC Federal Credit Union; Jonathan, a sergeant in the Marine Corps; Joel works more hours than he should at Midwest Powder Coating in Omaha.)


On April 23rd Nathan turned three years old.  I love being with the boys for their birthdays. (The only safe way to have a lighted candle anywhere near Nate is to have it more than an arms length away from him!)

DSC04710

One weekend, Jeremy and Lin, my son and daughter-in-law, took off an left me to spend time alone with the kids.  It wasn’t as much fun for them as it sounds, since they only went to Kansas so Lin could have some dental work done by her uncle who practices there.

DSC04731


I loved the time I had alone with the boys, but have to admit I’m glad I’m out of the little kid stage.  I just don’t have the energy anymore.  I have to admit I did sleep well that weekend.

DSC04721



















It’s so much fun to get to be a part of their daily life for a time each year.  I have to admit I miss my kids and grandkids, but am so pleased to know they continue to be “family” on their own.  I am so proud of the adults my children have grown into.  I am even more proud of how Jeremy and Lin are raising the next generations of Forsters.  I’ve said it before, and I continue to believe it.  My kids are living testimony to the faithfulness of God to answer our prayers!

DSC04745
DSC04787

No comments:

Post a Comment