A Taste of Guatemala

DSC06856

On September 28, Causa de Esperanza, with the help of Westside Church, hosted a dinner and silent auction to help support Casa de Esperanza.  Due to the hard work of so many people, the turnout exceeded my wildest expectations.  I am humbled by the friendship that was extended to me this night.

DSC06857

 

We served over 100 dinners, and through donations and the auction, raised enough support to pay our rent for three full months. 

 

 

Better yet, we got to share what God is doing through our ministry in Guatemala.  It was such fun to get to introduce, in person, so many of you to our residents and our ministry.  A number of people commented that this has made it easier for them to know how to pray for us.  THAT’s what I call a success.

I only wish I had had more time to visit personally with each of you who took the time to come out to support us. I hope you know how much you encouraged me by your kind words and your presence.  And, many of you who were not able to come, were so kind to send your thoughts in email.

While I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed putting this all together, I also have to say that I can’t wait to do it again next year.

A huge thank you to everyone who helped us with the evening:

from those who helped prepare and set up,

DSC06843

to the greeters,

DSC06849

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

to the kitchen staff,

DSC06855

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

to those who helped with the auction,

DSC06845

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AND ALL OF YOU WHO ATTENDED

DSC06847

God bless you for being part of what is happening daily
here in Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment