21 Days of Prayer~~Reason to Hope & the Frisinas


Today I thank God for our independent non-profit organization, Reason to Hope.  It may not be clear to everyone just how critical this is to the sustainability of our ministry.  Our agreement with the Josiah Foundation was with me, Pat Duff, personally.  They agreed to serve as my missionary sending organization and I was an independent contractor working through them.  They held no responsibility for our ministries in Guatemala.

When I came as an individual and only required personal missionary support, this was sufficient.  As our ministry has grown far beyond what I ever would have envisioned, we need an organization to oversee the ministry going far into the future.  Reason of Hope serves this purpose.


I could not thank God for Reason to Hope without also thanking him for Mike and Marty Frisina.  (Yes, they are Husker fans!) They not only have come alongside me, but actually were the driving forces in getting me going in forming our own non-profit.  We are only beginning to see the responsibilities they have taken on as our Stateside representatives, and I am so grateful for their concern for our ministry.  I am even more grateful for their friendship and personal support as I serve.

My prayer of thanksgiving

Father God, today I thank you for allowing us to start our own organization to care for the ministries you have entrusted to us in Guatemala.  I thank you for the joys and challenges which have come with this change.  I pray your guidance and protection as we move forward in obedience to your call to serve the least of these.

I thank you for Mike and Marty, Lord God.  Bless them as they do the hard work of organizing and managing the business aspects of the organization.  Give them wisdom and discernment as they support and advise me, and give them stamina to fulfill the obligations they have so willingly taken on.  I pray this in the power of the Holy Spirit and through Jesus' name. Amen.

Do you want to receive our daily prayer points in your inbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment