Update on José


In February, we were "pushy" Americans, and fought with José' family to get them to bring him in to see the doctor at Hermano Pedro for possible admission into the malnutrition project.

He was admitted, and at the time I wrote about him in March, I was still not completely comfortable that we had done the right thing.  (Click here for that entry)

The other day Dick sent me this recent picture.  He's not there yet, but I love the "fat pads" in his cheeks.



More importantly, he's actually starting to make eye contact.  With more time and attention it is our hope and prayer that he "comes to life" even more.

We would not have had the opportunity to speak into this little guys life, had it not been for the social workers in Santa Rosa, and for a generous family who has been sponsoring him with nutritional support for over the past year.  This has truly been a team effort, and I'm so pleased to share his progress with you all.

Please pray for his future.  This is one case where it's hard for me to want him to return to his family. Trusting God has his best in mind for this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment