Lunch with the Girls



Now that I am living in a house full of young men, I especially value time I can spend with women.  Sometimes I think I'm about to OD on testosterone.  While my friend Donna was down, we had time to take Sonia and Veronica, who were on their "mid-year" school break, out to lunch.  Usually lunch means Pollo Campero's, but today we settled on a "chick place" and went to eat at Cafe Condessa.

This is quite a treat for the two girls who had been inseparable in years past.  This year, however, because she needs someone to walk her to school each day, Sonia has moved to another unit at Hermano Pedro and they seldom get to spend time together.  Today, though, we made up for that!

Though they couldn't order their preferred hamburger for lunch (can you believe a restaurant without hamburgers?), they seemed to enjoy their roast beef sandwiches, and couldn't pass up dessert.



Little things like going out to lunch with the girls may not seem like much to us.  But when you spend your life in an institution, the freedom to choose what to eat and where to go to eat are big deals.  I'm so glad I get to be a part of this.

And who doesn't like to chat with friends while having lunch?  While at my house, it is a rule that there are no cell phones at the table, the girls really wanted to call Dick to tell him about the outing.  How could I refuse?  And, while they had wanted to talk to Dick, I think they were even more tickled when he let them each visit with the boys who were traveling with him!


No comments:

Post a Comment