February 16, 2009

Today I received an email from a friend whose family has a Bible institute in Huehuetenango. I'd written him to ask if he knew any good doctors in the area, and, through his father, he was able to send me the name of one his family has known for years. A small thing, perhaps, but as I reflect on my meeting with him, it once again reinforces for me the action of God in the events of my life.

Dave Penner and I met Eddie standing in line to check our bags as we we leaving Guatemala after our first trip. A business woman had asked us what we were doing in Guatemala, and then quickly lost interest as we talked about the orphanage we had visited. However, because of what we had shared, Eddie introduced himself to us and told us about his family's ministry. We exchanged email information and went on our way. Eddie later sent me contact information for Dick Rutgers, who introduced us to Hermano Pedro Orphanage on our second trip.

This may sound inconsequential, but as I reflect on it, it is nothing short of a "Godincident." As a result of a five minute conversation in the Guatemala City airport, God connected me with Eddie, who connected me with Dick, who connected me with Hermano Pedro, where I hope to serve. It is even more incredible, because Dick really has no idea who Eddie is! I stand in awe at the way in which God has prepared the way. I am especially grateful that He has let me see the connections so clearly. And now it seems He has brought this full circle--because of my on-going contact with Eddie (who is living in Seattle), I was able (from Omaha) to give Dick and Roland (in Guatemala) the name of a good doctor in the Huehue area. I can't wait to see what God is going to do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment