February 20, 2009

Today, we took another step in the direction of formalizing a relationship between myself and the Josiah Foundation. Dave, Mike, and Don Pahl (another Josiah Board member) and I were meeting Paul Landrey for lunch. A mutual friend had told Mike, Dave and me about Paul, who lives in Omaha and is the International Director of TOPIC Ministries, a non-profit organization which also serves a missionary sending function.

Paul immediately demonstrated his competence in this area, beginning what could best be called a "structured interview" of the purpose, function, and organization of the Josiah Foundation and how I would become part of their overall mission. His insightful questions helped us clarify how we would structure and manage our relationship, as well as fund raising and fund disbursement. What had seemed overwhelming to me became more reasonable as Paul helped us, step by step, through the process. His wisdom and experience, as well as his patience with our numerous questions, were invaluable to us.

Thank you, Paul, for sharing your expertise and your vision with us! And thank you, God, for connecting us with Paul.

1 comment:

  1. Pat ~ I so enjoyed reading your blog and now that I know how to find it ~ I can stay caught up. I so enjoyed seeing your pictures ~ I can see how you fell in love with the country and it's people. I know you are busy but we need to have dinner or something soon ~ I miss You ~ God Bless you my Precious friend ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete