Melissa and Ryan Arrive (July 7, 2010)


Melissa and Ryan arrived today after a 2+ hour flight delay. It was almost surreal to see them walk through the airport doors. See them was like having part of my heart come home. I’m so excited to show the Guatemala. And, it true Guatemalan tradition our first stop was Pollo Campero for lunch.


After lunch we headed to Antigua, chatting the whole way. Mari was waiting for us, and as I knew it would be, the first thing out of her mouth was, “Cafecito?” (“Coffee”) We had coffee and a snack, and I set out with Melissa and Ryan to show them a little of Antigua before dinner, since it was too late today to go to Hermano Pedro. I am so enjoying showing people “my” city. I still often call Omaha home when I’m talking (and since my kids are there, in some ways it always will be home) but each day I feel more like Guatemala is really my home.

At the request of a friend (see, Dick, I DO listen to you sometimes) I will post dates with all updates to help you make sense of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment